Classic

1956 JAGUAR XK140 SE DROPHEAD COUPE

£69,995

Added on December 19th, 2012
Categories: Classic, All Cars > Jaguar
IMG_0396

Chassis number: S807451DN, Registration number: 726 YZA, Engine number: G8699-8S

Launched in 1954, the Jaguar XK140 was broadly similar to, though more refined than, its sensational XK120 predecessor, major engineering changes being confirmed to the repositioning of the engine 3″ further foreword and the adoption of rack-and-pinion steering as used on the racing C-Type. The suspension and brakes remained much as before, though with stiffer torsion bars ar the front and telescopic shock absorbers replacing the previous lever type at the rear.

Like its forebear, the XK140 was built in three model types; roadster, coupe and drophead coupe, the latter two offering in creased cabin space and occasional rear seats. Outwardly the new comer was distinguishable by its revised radiator grille, rear lights incorporation flashing indicators and large bumpers – the latter adopted to withstand the cut and thrust of urban parking.

The power unit remained Jaguar’s well-tried, 3.4 litre, twin-cam six, which now produced 190bhp in standard trim thanks to hight-lift camshafts and revised porting. To ensure reliability, steel bearing caps replaced the previous cast-iron types. A close-ratio gearbox enabled better use to be made of the increased performance while Laycock-de Normanville overdrive became and option for the first time.

Special equipment (SE) XK140s came with wire wheels and Lucas fog lamps, and could be ordered with an engine developing 210bhp courtesy if the ‘C-type’ cylinder head. XK140 performance was well up to the standards set by its exemplary predecessor, contemporary magazine road tests regularly recording top speed figures in excess of 120mph. Tested by ‘Road & Track’ Magazine, a USA specification XK140MC (as the ‘C-type head-equipped SE version was known there) recorded a 0-60 mph time of 8.4 seconds on the way to a top speed of 121.1 mph.

One of only 179 XK140 drophead coupes made in right hand drive configuration, and thus one of the rarest Jaguar models, this SE version has the C-type cylinder heads, dual exhaust system and overdrive transmission, and thus represents the model in its ultimate and most desirable form.  Jaguar records confirm that the chassis number ‘S807541DN’ was dispatched from the factory via main dealers Henley Ltd in London to Bristowes Motor Works and the car was first owned by Major A Hickman of Dorset Clay Products, Poole, and registered JTK 826. The accompanying Jaguar Heritage Certificate records the original colour scheme as Pastel Blue with matching interior and French Grey hood (the present livery dates from circa 1990). The chassis engine and body numbers on this car all confirms exactly with Jaguar Heritage records. This car has a known continuous historyfrom OCtober 1966 and earned a special place in Jaguar folklore when it was acquired by Paul Skilleter, author and publisher specialising in Jaguar cars.

The car passed in 1968 to specialist car dealer Cecil Bendall of Hitchin who sold JTK 826 to G R Hazel of Weston, near Hitchin, a somewhat reclusive character who used the car very little. Jaguar enthusiast Vic Beckwith subsequently bought the car from Hazel and carried out a high quality refurbishment of interior and exterior. Beckwith sold the car to respected Irish enthusiast, the last Derek Ryan of Dublin, who registered the car in Ireland as 726 YZA. While in Ryan’s ownership, this car was fire damaged, passing then through the hands of two ‘establishment’ figures in the Irish old car world before acquisition by the most recent owner roughly twenty years ago.

A careful restoration was embarked upon circa 1990, and the car has since seen little use while in the owner’s collection. Recently and gently re-commissioned, it is finished in Old English White with a red leather interior. The care is in generally very good condition. It is offered wit the aforementioned Jaguar Heritage Certificate and is currently licensed in Ireland. Paul Skilleter features this car in an article in Jaguar World in November / December 1996. The XK140 Drophead Coupe model is well suited to snug, all-season, continental touring, or the more sporty motorist may prefer to fully exploit its 210bhp in more competitive events.

1967 TRIUMPH TR4A IRS OVERDRIVE

Added on December 18th, 2012
Categories: Classic, All Cars > Triumph
IMG_0373

COLOUR: RED

TRIM: BLACK LEATHER

IMMACULATE CONDITION

MOSTLY GARAGED

FULL SERVICE HISTORY

IMPECCABLY LOOKED AFTER BY ENTHUSIAST OWNERS

PERFECT MECHANICAL CONDITION

SOFT TOP IN BRILLIANT CONDITION AND MOVES VERY SMOOTHLY

More Details…

1958 AUSTIN HEALEY 100/6 BNG ROADSTER

£69,950

Added on December 18th, 2012
Categories: AUSTIN HEALEY, Classic
IMG_1044

Left hand drive. Registration number 623 YUD. Chassis number: BN6-L/3516. Engine number: 26D-U-H/70390

The BN6 two-seater roadster represents the ‘Big Healey’ in its purest form. Chassis number L/3516 was built at MG’s Abingdon works between 30th September and 2nd October 1958 and shipped to a dealer in San Francisco on 13th October. The accompanying BMIHT specification being the colour scheme (originally black wit hred trim), in January to 1990 the Healey returned to the UK with approximately 54’000 miles showing on the odometer. The last owner before Airport Car Centre had the car from 1990 and has carried out an extensive ‘last nut and bolt’ restoration to concours standard, paying great attention to detail and with originality in mind.

After stripping, the body shell was sandblasted and all floor panels (boot included), inner/outer sills and various outer panels replaced, the inner wings being repaired as necessary. The shell was then etch-primed. Seam-sealed, treated underneath with stone chip, primed and then painted in ice blue and old English white. The chassis was found to be generally sound, requiring very little or no attention.

The six-port cylinder head has been reconditioned and converted to unleaded compatibility with the new valves, valve seats and seals etc. The cylinder block has been cleaned inside and out, re-bored to +0.020″ and fitted with new pistons. The crankshaft was within 0.0005″ of original so polished only and refitted with new bearings, thrust washers, big end bolts and main bearing nuts. The timing chain and tensioner have been replaced and the water pump reconditioned. All oil and plugs renewed. The rear axle and differential were dismantled, cleaned and assembled using new parts where required while the clutch and gearbox were likewise reconditioned using new parts. The steering and braking systems were thoroughly overhauled and new tyres were fitted.

All electrical components have either been overhauled or replaced with new items and a new complete braided wiring harness installed. A new aluminium tank has been fitted together with fuel pump and all fuel lines, and the carburettors have been reconditioned. A complete stainless steel exhaust and brackets is fitted. Wherever possible, the original exterior trim has been re-chromed and elsewhere replaced. The hood and tonneau cover are new and the side screens have been reconditioned. The windscreen glass is new. Completely re-trimmed, the exterior features navy blue leather upholstery with white piping.

Since the restoration’s completion in January 2010, the Healey has been driven for approximately 200 dry miles only. The engine oil pressure and running temperature are normal and it is ready for use. The car is offered with the aforementioned BHIHT certificate, sundry restoration invoices, current MoT/tax and Swansea V5 registration document.

1930 ROLLS ROYCE PHANTOM II

£79,995

Added on December 18th, 2012
Categories: Classic, All Cars > Rolls-Royce
IMG_0330

Enclosed drive coachwork by R Harrison & Son.

Registration GF 8793. Chassis number 167XJ. Engine number FC75.

The Phantom II Continental was the last Rolls Royce to be designed under the personal supervision of Henry Royce before his death in 1933. As its name suggests, this new Rolls was intended for fast continental touring, despite there being very few roads in Britain at this time where its outstanding performance could be safely exploited to the full.

The Phantom II had been introduced in 1929 as a successor to the New Phantom (retrospectively Phantom I) with deliveries commencing in September of that year. Unlike its predecessor, which inherited its underpinnings from the preceding 40/50 hp model, the Silver Ghost, the Phantom II employed and entirely new chassis laid out along the lines of that of the smaller 20hp Rolls Royce.

Build in two wheelbase lengths – 144″ and 150″ – this new low-slung frame, with its radiator set well back, enabled coach builders to body the car in the modern idiom, creating sleeker designs than the upright ones of the past. The engine too had come in for extensive revision. The PI’s cylinder dimensions and basic layout – two blocks of three cylinders with an aluminium cylinder head common to both blocks – were retained, but the combustion chambers had been redesigned and the head was now of the cross-flow type, with inlet and exhaust manifolds on opposite sides. The magneto/coil dual ignition system remained the same as on the PI. The result of these engine changes greatly enhanced performance, particularly with the Continental model, and the ability to accommodate weightier coachwork.

Designed around the short 144″ Phantom II chassis and introduced in 1930, the Continental version was conceived as ‘an enthusiastic owner drivers’ car’, featuring revised rear suspension, a higher axle ratio and lowered steering column. Highly favoured by prominent coach builders, the Phantom II chassis provided the platform for some of the truly outstanding designed of its day, getting off to a flying start when a pre-production model (’26EX’), designed by Ivan Evernden and made by Barker & Co. (Henry Royce’s favourite coach builder), won the Grand Prix D’Honneur at the Biarritx Concours D’Elegance in September 1930.

Chassis number ’167XJ’ was ordered on 23rd October 1929 by Car Cart Ltd of Park Lane, London, for their valued customer, U J Phillipson of Richmond, Yorkshire, whose London address was The Malborough Club in Pall Mall. The short chassis was specified and the enclosed drive limousine coachwork, with accommodation for 6 passengers, was entrusted to Harrison & Son of Stanhope Street, London. 167XJ features Harrison’s ‘British Flexible’ coachwork produced by its subsidiary, British Flexible Coachworks Ltd, which had been set up in 1927 to build bodies using its patented method of lightweight febric construction employing felt joints in the wooden frame and screws encased in rubber bushes. Two spare wheel carriers were specified and a special 28-Gallon fuel tank provided for the longer tour. The car was delivered in April 1930. It seems that ’167XJ’ remained in the UK until the 1960′s, subsequently finding its way to Alabama from whence it returned in 1996.

Acquired by connoisseur collector, the late Terry Cohn, the Phantom was purchased was purchased by the current owner at Bonham & Brooks’ auction at the R-REC’s Annual Rally at Towcester Racecourse in June 2001 (Lot 721) where a selection of Terry’s Rolls Royce were offered for sale. Since acquisition, the engine has undergone a complete rebuild, the electrics have been rewired, the dynamo overhauled, the radiator re-cored and the rear springs rebuilt. Additionally, the car has been fitted with a Tim Payne overdrive, full-flow oil filter, stainless steel exhaust system, new P100 headlights and side mirrors.

More Details…

1999 TVR CERBERA 4.0 SPEED SIX

£11,995

Added on July 30th, 2012
Categories: Classic, All Cars > TVR
DSC_0037

COLOUR: CHAMPAGNE GOLD

TRIM: FULL LIGHT CREAM LEATHER

ONLY 18700 MILES COVERED

AN INVESTMENT AT ONLY £11995!

ELECTRIC WINDOWS

CD PLAYER / RADIO

5 SPEED MANUAL GEARBOX & REAR WHEEL DRIVE

ONE OF THE NICEST EXAMPLES AROUND TODAY

1994 BENTLEY BROOKLANDS

£13,995

Added on June 20th, 2012
Categories: All Cars > Bentley, Classic
IMG_0467

COLOUR : CLARET

TRIM :  MAGNOLIA HIDE  PIPED IN RED

MILEAGE : 64,000

FLOOR SHIFT GEAR SELECTOR

AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING

FACTORY FIT TELEPHONE

ELECTRIC FRONT SEATS

POWER MIRRORS

ELECTRIC WINDOWS

LAMBS WOOL RUGS

More Details…

1987 ROLLS ROYCE SILVER SPIRIT

£14,995

Added on June 19th, 2012
Categories: Classic, All Cars > Rolls-Royce
IMG_0447

COLOUR : IVORY

TRIM : CREAM HIDE WITH BROWN PIPING

MILEAGE : 29,000

AIR CONDITIONING

ELECTRIC MEMORY FRONT SEATS

ORIGINAL STEREO

ELECTRIC WINDOWS

POWER MIRRORS

REAR FOOT RESTS

LAMBS WOOL OVER RUGS

More Details…

1968 FORD CORTINA 1600E

£11,995

Added on June 19th, 2012
Categories: Classic, All Cars > Ford
IMG_0502

This is a beautiful, unmarked example. Immaculate inside and out. Jersey island car from new, all Jersey miles. Original unmolested hump dash model. Original chrome trimmings. Perfect all round.

1967 AUSTIN HEALEY 3000 MK111

£69,995

Added on September 21st, 2011
Categories: AUSTIN HEALEY, Classic
3189123-1

COLOUR : OLD ENGLISH WHITE

TRIM : BLACK

MILEAGE : 69,000

A jersey car from new,in perfect concours condition following £100,000 nut and bolt restoration.Lightweight wings and bonnet. The car is unmarked and is one of the best examples in the world.

1968 MERCEDES 280 SL PAGODA

£79,950

Added on June 16th, 2011
Categories: Classic, All Cars > Mercedes-Benz
WEBSIGHT 2011 149

COLOUR : OLD ENGLISH WHITE

TRIM : BLACK TRIM

MILEAGE : 45,800

JERSEY CAR FROM NEW

HAVING COVERED ONLY

45,800 MILES, WITH A

FULL MERCEDES BENZ

SERVICE HISTORY,

THIS CAR IS PROBABLY

ONE OF THE FINEST EXAMPLES

More Details…